Monday, April 7, 2008

On people, expectations, brains, sex, etc.

The usual issues...I'm going to bed too late once more. It's simply clear that I need to cut men out of my brain as a concern (if that is at all possible,) because most of the time they are not worth thinking about.

Let's see, let's focus on the good stuff again: my study - analysis and final article, my poetry, friends, seeing plays in New York, more art, more shows, more goodness. I've blogged it so it must be official. Also health: I'm joining the Columbia gym damn it, time to move those little legs - plus they found that exercise is the only effective prevention for Alzheimer's and memory loss, the dentate gyrus in the hippocampus (a brain region significant for memory,) actually regenerates after a work out!

It's official and wonderful: I will be a professional geek at Chicago next year, YES. Yay!! I want this. Focus, happiness, goals, life...the rest will fall into place like a silver chain around the neck of a beautiful woman.

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Congratulations, and the best of luck in staying warm in Chigago! You're becoming quite the chic adventurer! Auckland, New York, Chigago.... what's next, who knows!